Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Music Genre of Beach Music

This is just a personal post to introduce myself to the "blogging world" in hopes that you will find other important topics that I like to talk about such as needing IRS Help, or using a tax consultant to handle all your Internal Revenue Service needs.
A few years ago, I took an interest in dancing. My father is from the "Shag-Dancing Era" and has recently re-discovered his old love of "shag dance" and beach music. I have been dancing for three years, and look forward to possibly competing in the near future! I have several friends that dance competitively in the Competitive Shag Association round. They dance anywheres from South Carolina, North Carolina to Virginia.
Twice a year,Myrtle Beach host an event called S.O.S where several thousand people get together to dance in clubs such as "Fat Harold's","Ducks" and the "OD Arcade". There is a spring and fall SOS event, held in April and September. There are a host of bands to see as well as a "smoothie dance" competitions to view.
Stay tuned to learn more about the dance and beach music genre that has been around for more than 50 years!!

No comments: