Monday, August 25, 2008

Change Of Address On Your Tax Return

If you have returned, file your return using your new address. If you have moved after your return , you should give the IRS clear and concise written notification of your change of address. Send the notice to the Internal Revenue Service. You can use form 8822--Change Of Address. If you are expecting a refund, make sure you contact the postal office of your this former address. This way will ensure the forwarding of refund to your new address (unless you elected the direct deposit option). Be sure to include your SSN (and the name and SSN of your spouse, if you filed a joint return) during any correspondance with the IRS.

It is important to not file your own returns; instead have a licensed rep prepare your returns to avoid an erroneous returns being filed and to ensure you receive the maximum refund possible.

No comments: