Monday, September 15, 2008

How To Find The Status Of Your Stimuilus Refund?

For people who filed a 2007 tax return eight to 12 weeks ago but who have not received a payment, the quickest and easiest way to track the status of the payment is to go to “Where’s My Economic Stimulus Payment?” on The online tool will report when the payment has been issued. People will need their Social Security number, their filing status and the number of exemptions claimed on their tax return to use this tool. This online tool also can report other issues, such as ineligibility because income was too high or the returning of an undeliverable payment to the IRS.

People who do not file a tax return by Oct. 15 can still obtain their economic stimulus payments when they file their 2008 tax return. If they wait until next year to file, their payments will be based on their 2008 income and personal situations rather than on 2007 information.

No comments: